Global Mapper v25.0

Importing PNEZ text file

Eagle2
Eagle2 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited November 2011 in Vector Data
Hello Mike and users,

I am trying to import an ASCII text file with a list of coordinates in Point Lat Long Elev format. If I trim the file to strictly the coordinates, it will import no problem. I'd like to have the point name visible, however. Is there a way to import the points and have the point name visible as well?

On a side note, congratulations on the recent sale to Blue Marble! I'm a frequent user, and am looking forward to your continued excellent software and support.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2011
    Yes, just make sure to check the box to include attributes from coordinate lines and you should get the point name displayed as well.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
  • Eagle2
    Eagle2 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Mike, that worked just like I wanted.

One other thing.. Back in version 11 I was able to drag any file onto the Global Mapper icon and it would load the data. It was a nice shortcut to view data quickly. In versions 12 and 13 this doesn't work. Is there a patch or setting I can apply to get this feature back?

Thanks for your help
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2011
    I think this is something that has changed in newer versions of Windows for security reasons. I find that I can drag files onto the actual .exe in the location it lives in Program Files, but cannot drag onto a shortcut to that .exe. There is probably a setting somewhere to re-enable this, but I can't seem to find it yet. Anyone else know?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    http://www.bluemarblegeo.com
  • Geo
    Geo Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2011
    hold down the Shift key while dragging the file to the shortcut ?
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2011
    Sorry that doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I did some Googling but couldn't find any good answers, but did find others with the same question (not specific to Global Mapper, just dragging files onto shortcuts on the desktop).

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    http://www.bluemarblegeo.com