Global Mapper v25.0

Generate names for point AND pline objects for field name

epekcan
epekcan Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2011 in Vector Data
Hi folks,
In my projects have many menhol points called names K1,K2,K3...K50..K350 ETC.
I want to connect via plines from points to points..but with generated fields start of point to end of point..for example connecting K34 with K35 i want to generate pline with Menhol_Id field called name as like K34K35 and if it possible; after generate generate random point with random Menhol_Id names for drawed point AND pline objects.. i mean point to point touched line object i want to generate automatically Menhol_Id and Line_Id..how can i do this? I think this is possible may be with topology tools?

Thanks in advance K1580 M35.jpg

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Are you wanting your points somehow automatically connected into lines or will you manually be doing this?

For the unique IDs, after creating your features, edit them and add the Menhol_Id and Line_id attributes with some common value (like 1), then use the Search->Find Features with Duplicate Attribute Values menu command to find all duplicates (i.e. all of them) and you should be able to assign unique ids automatically at that point.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • epekcan
    epekcan Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2011
    All I want, I connected the line from any point to another point on the line name column to write the names of objects they touch point. I connected the line from the point of K1 K2 as an example the name of the object to print the line "line ID" column of the "K1 K2".
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Sorry the screenshot above is small so I can't quite make out the text in it. For some reason the forum shrinks large images when you paste them, making them impossible to read.

So basically do you wan to connect all points that have the same "line ID" attribute value? You could perhaps do this by going to the Search->Search by Attributes dialog and sorting on the "line ID" attribute, then selecting all results with a particular "line ID", then right-clicking on them and selecting to select them with the Digitizer Tool. Then, in the main map window, activate the Digitizer Tool and right-click, then choose the Advanced Feature Creation submenu option to create a line from the selected points. This will connect all of those points with that "line ID" into a line.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com