Global Mapper v25.0

Exporting to vector and losing some point labels

TGI
TGI Global Mapper User
edited October 2011 in Vector Data
I am exporting a large group of points to a vector pdf and when i do that i lose labels of points that are closer together. At this point all ive tried is scaling the point and label size down in the export vector window. This seems to help but still not all labels are coming through. Any suggestions?

Also i was wondering if theres a way to put a leader line from each point to the corresponding label?

-Brian

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Brian,

If you go to the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog you can specify to 'Always Display All Labels', although you will likely get overlapping labels at some zoom levels with this option.

There is not currently a way to automatically add a leader line from a point to the corresponding text.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • TGI
    TGI Global Mapper User
    edited October 2011
    Great that worked! I definitely have a ton of overlapping text, i assume theres no way to fix that?
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Brian,

The way to fix it is have the automatic label placer remove the text that overlaps, but then you no longer have the text. Kind of a catch 22. Unless you make the text extremely tiny you can't really get a bunch of dense text to display without overlaps.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • TGI
    TGI Global Mapper User
    edited October 2011
    i see, well i need all the labels to show up so ill go with the overlaps