Global Mapper v25.0

How to generate reports

gkbrockmann
gkbrockmann Global Mapper User
edited September 2011 in Technical Support
I am completely new to using GlobalMapper and am having trouble figuring out how to generate a report that I can format to look nice and is laid out nicely and is easy to read. Is this feature available in Globalmapper or is it something I'm better off exporting GM data to a different reporting medium? Any ideas? It's not as much about the map, more about the data acquired through the GemGIS that I need to report.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    Global Mapper doesn't really have any report generation capabilities, so you would need to export to something else.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • gkbrockmann
    edited September 2011
    Do you have any suggestions of what I could use to export to then? I think Crystal Reports would work, but am wondering if there are any free apps/programs out there that would do reporting?
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2011
    What type of data are you trying to export to a report? Is it tied to features or to a layer?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • gkbrockmann
    edited September 2011
    What type of data are you trying to export to a report? Is it tied to features or to a layer?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Just features, no layers.
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2011
    If they are point features then using File->Export Vector Data to export a CSV file is likely the way to go for report generation as those are easily ingested by Excel. Otherwise, I guess it would depend on what kind of information are you looking to have in your report?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com