Global Mapper v25.0

Export Vector Area to ECW

joebocop
joebocop Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2011 in Technical Support
I have run into an error while attempting to export a section of a bunch of vectors to an ECW using GlobalMapper 12.02.

I have global mapper open with 7 vector layers loaded. One of the layers contains just a single polygon feature. I would like to export an ECW clipped to the bounds of this single polygon. I would also like this ECW rendered at 1:10000 scale. Is this possible?

When I "select" that polygon, and then go File --> Export Raster/Image Format --> ECW File, I chose the Export Bounds tab and select the "Crop to Selected Areas Features". Now when I click OK, I get this error:

Unable to Generate File
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\test.ecw
Unexpected Error in WriteReadLine.

An Error has occurred: Error 53 "Could not read from input image file " file " line 0
ECWOverlay.cpp - 1837
Version: v12.02
Build Time: Apr 15 2011 01:47:06

Am I missing something? Thank you for the help! Loving this program otherwise :-)

Joe

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2011
    Joe,

I wonder if there is some kind of permission problem. Does this error happen immediately upon starting the export? Does it happen if you try to export to some other location?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • joebocop
    joebocop Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2011
    Happens immediately, and I get the same error message no matter where I try to save the exported ECW. I do not get an error if I do not specify any export bounds.
    Thanks for the help!

Joe
  • joebocop
    edited April 2011
    Also, GeoTIFF seems to work, but the export image will be larger than 4GB, so I would rather go with ECW. Any additional thoughts?
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2011
    Joe,

Is it possible for you to provide the input data to me at support@globalmapper.com so that I can try and reproduce the problem? If the export works for GeoTIFF but not for ECW there must be something specific to ECW causing the issue.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • joebocop
    edited April 2011
    Thanks again for replying! Unfortunately, the data are rather enormous (~4gb worth of vectors), so I won't be able to ship them to you. I wondered if this error might be related to the size of the data I am trying to manipulate?

My machine is a Core i7 with 24gb of RAM running Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any additional thoughts?
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2011
    It's possible the problem is related to the size of the data, are you using the 64-bit Global Mapper? You could try letting the GeoTIFF export complete to a very large GeoTIFF, then load that and export to an ECW to see if that works.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com