Global Mapper v25.0

Export Web format --> TMS

volterra79
volterra79 Global Mapper User
edited November 2012 in SDK
Hi to all,
i have a question abuot Export web format task.Is possible to load amd export in TMS format more than one raster thar are stored in different or in the same folders? I try one by one but i have many rasters and in this way i take too much time.
Please let me know if possible and how..maybe with a global mapper script.
Thanks

Francesco

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    Francesco,

You could use the File->Open All Files in Directory Tree menu command to easily load a bunch of raster distributed over many folders, then export those to TMS tiles.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, it works!!One more question: is possible to load rasters in the same way but export it in a web format TMS one by one not all raster togheter.I would like to set the main folder in Global Mapper where are stored all raster files in different folders.Each raster that is loaded automatically must be convert in TMS format every single reaster.It is possible by a global mapper script?
    Thanks

Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    Francesco,

Currently there is not any support for batch converting to the TMS format or exporting in that format from a script. You would have to use the Global Mapper SDK and the GM_ExportWebFormat function to export a loaded image to TMS tiles from your own application. See the Developers page at http://www.globalmapper.com for more details.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited March 2011
    Thanks Mike,
    do you think that will be a functionality that will be implement in a new version of Global Mapper or not?
    One more question about SDK.I download the SDK for evaluation but there isn't a GM_ExportWebFormat function ..is it true?
    Is a dll version of previous Global Mapper?I need to buy the new SDK version?Can you or someone help me in my future develop of my functionality?

Thanks

Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    Francesco,

There are not any short-term plans to add web export format functionality to the Global Mapper script or batch conversion.

There should be a declaration for the GM_ExportWebFormat function in the GlobalMapperInterface.h file. Here is the declaration:

// Exports one or more layers to a new web format file (not implemented on WinCE)
    GM_DLL_EXPORTED GM_Error_t32 __stdcall GM_ExportWebFormat
    (
    const char* aFilename, // Name of HTML/XML file to create
    GM_WebExportFormat_t32 aWebFormat, // Format to export
    GM_LayerHandle_t32* aLayerList, // List of layers to export or NULL for all
    uint32 aLayerCount, // Number of layers in list (0 for all)
    const GM_Rectangle_t* aWorldBounds, // World bounds to export or NULL for all
    const GM_WebFormatExportOpts_t* aExportOpts, // Export options
    void* aReserved // Reserved for future use, must be NULL
    );

The latest SDK release should mirror that latest Global Mapper release. You might get the latest SDK beta from http://www.globalmapper.com/GlobalMapperSDK_v136_beta.zip and use it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited March 2011
    Thanks Mike,
    thanks for your suggestions.If will have some problems can i ask you some help?
    Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    You can certainly ask for help if you have problems.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited April 2011
    Hi Mike,
    I tried to use the function you suggested (GM_ExportWebFormat).
    I need to export data in OSM (OpenStreetMap) Tiles format, but I found that the list of supported web export types are the following:

typedef uint32 GM_WebExportFormat_t32; enum
    {
    GM_Export_GoogleMaps, // Google Maps format
    GM_Export_VirtualEarth, // Virtual Earth (Bing Maps) format
    GM_Export_KMLRaster, // KML/KMZ raster format
    GM_Export_WorldWind, // WorldWind tile format

GM_Export_NumWebFormats
    };

and the OSM type is not present.

Please let me know your suggestion.
    Thank you,

Francesco
  • volterra79
    edited April 2011
    Hi Mike,
    another question.
    I tried to use the SDK for export in other format (just for test), but I'm not able to do it because it requires a registration key file that I do not have.
    Where can I download this file? Could you help me?

Thank you,
    Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2011
    Francesco,

I forgot that the OSM/TMS export hasn't been added to the SDK yet. I'll add that and get a new build.

If you email me at support@globalmapper.com I can provide you with a temporary license file for the SDK.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited April 2011
    Hi Mike,
    i sent you an email.
    Thanks

Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2011
    Francesco,

I have completed adding TMS and OSM tile export to the SDK. I have placed a new build of the SDK with these additions at http://www.globalmapper.com/GlobalMapperSDK_v136_beta.zip .

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited April 2011
    Hi Mike,
    thank you

Francesco
  • volterra79
    edited April 2011
    Hi Mike,
    I'm using the SDK to export raster to OSM/TMS format.
    I have a question about the mMaxZoomLevel parameter in the GM_WebFormatExportOpts struct. I have seen that using GM there is a default value for the max zoom level according to the loaded image. How can I set a suitable value for this parameter according to my loaded image?
    Please let me know.

Thank you,
    Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2011
    Francesco,

There isn't currently a way to automatically set that in the SDK, although you could use GM_GetLayerInfo to find the minimum resolution in meters of any loaded layers and determine an automatic setting based on that.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited May 2011
    Hi Mike,
    i need your help. Your registration key that you sent me last time is expired. Please can i send me another one available for May or i need to buy it?
    Thanks

Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited May 2011
    Francesco,

Please email me at support@globalmapper.com and I can provide you with a new temporary license file for the SDK.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • volterra79
    edited May 2011
    Hi Mike,
    Yesterday I have bought the Global Mapper SDK (unlimited license, Order ID: 38XRFC5-FW8RV). Unfortunately I discovered that Navionics Mercator projection is not inluded in this release and also the list of supported web export types does not include the OSM (OpenStreetMap) tile format.
    Please let me know if you can send me a complete SDK library.

Thank you,
    Francesco
  • global_mapper
    edited May 2011
    Francesco,

Try getting the latest SDK build from http://www.globalmapper.com/GlobalMapperSDK_v137_beta.zip. In should include both of those items.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mcampagne
    mcampagne Global Mapper User
    edited November 2012

There are not any short-term plans to add web export format functionality to the Global Mapper script or batch conversion.

Hi Mike,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, I just wanted to inquire if the quoted line was still true today.

Thanks,

Marc
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2012
    That is still currently the case, although as before you can still use the SDK to automate export to web formats like Google Maps.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com