Global Mapper v25.0

help required to stitch 2 .tiff satellite images

mghayasm
mghayasm Global Mapper User
edited March 2011 in Technical Support
hello

i am new at global mapper and trying to work on simulator visuals...i have 2 satellite images with .tiff extension . i want to make it single .tiff file by stitching them .. kindly help if any 1 have done this before...urgent...

regards

mghayasm

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    Assuming that your .tiff files have positioning information (like a world file or built-in coordinates), you can just load them both with the File->Open Data File menu command and then use the File->Export Raster Data menu command to export the combined results.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mghayasm
    edited March 2011
    stitching is done successfully but when i stitch there a thin line between 2 .tiff images.my actual data is satellite image of 50 m resolution and qty 2 images that i have to stitch.kindly help me out to make it single image without any line or sepration between them .
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    Is the thin line a gap between the images or an overlap of border pixels? If a gap, how large is it? If it is a gap, there is an option when doing a GeoTIFF export to fill small gaps between data which can fill the gap if just a few pixels across.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mghayasm
    edited March 2011
    yes its a gap between 2 images in measurement around 21 meters....how can i resolve this issue
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    Have you tried checking the option when doing the GeoTIFF export to 'Fill Small Gaps' in the data? If your gap is 21m and your export is done at 50m resolution then the gap should be small enough to be filled by that operation.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com