Global Mapper v25.0

Problems Exporting Large Raster Data files in Geotiff PNG or BMP

ai3d
ai3d Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited June 2011 in Bug Report
I am trying to export some raster data into large png files 16385x16385 pixels, using 8bit color optimized palette but it keeps on coming up with an error "unknown error generating PNG file". I am using Version 12.01 64bit with 8GB memory.

Unable to generate BMP file.
Read access violation at data address 0x0D73C83F,
program address 0x6DE0E0D0.

Version: v12.01
Build Time: Feb 17 2011 18:37:27

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2011
    What is your source data format? Are you using the File->Export Raster Data menu command gridding to get that pixel size? Do you get the same error with a smaller size? The error about generate BMP files seems strange to me since you are doing a PNG export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • ai3d
    ai3d Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2011
    Hi Mike
    The data source is 76MB ECW. I am using the Export Raster Data menu with gridding to get that pixel size. The same problem does not occur when generating a smaller image eg 2048. The error generated about bitmap was during the BMP export attempt as i tried a few different formats.

Thanks
    What is your source data format? Are you using the File->Export Raster Data menu command gridding to get that pixel size? Do you get the same error with a smaller size? The error about generate BMP files seems strange to me since you are doing a PNG export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2011
    Is it possible for you to provide me with the file so that I can give it a try to see if I can reproduce the problems? You can FTP the file to ftp.globalmapper.com using a username of 'upload' and a password of 'upload'.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • ai3d
    ai3d Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2011
    Actually the file is bigger than i thought, almost 1GB. The same data set crashed GM and ERDAS viewer when zooming in, so im pretty sure the data is corrupt.

I tried another location dataset and had no problem.

Is it possible for you to provide me with the file so that I can give it a try to see if I can reproduce the problems? You can FTP the file to ftp.globalmapper.com using a username of 'upload' and a password of 'upload'.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pmace
    pmace Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2011
    Mike,

Did you ever diagnose this? I have identical problem with 12.0.2 and ~76 MB ECW exporting web format Bing.
    Unable to generate JPG file.

Read access violation at data address 0x091E069F,
    program address 0x71ACE0D0.

Version: v12.02
    Build Time: Apr 24 2011 21:14:39
  • global_mapper
    edited June 2011
    The original problem was a corrupt ECW file, but you may or may not have the same issue. First try getting the latest v12 build to see if that makes a difference. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12.zip with the latest changes for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v12.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v12 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_64bit.zip .

Try using the Gridding tab when exporting to split your JPG export into smaller pieces to see if one particular piece is the source of the error, which would likely indicate corruption in that section of the ECW file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com