Global Mapper v25.0

scripting for "Add Attributes to Selected Point from Areas"?

damianbrody
damianbrody Global Mapper User
edited January 2011 in Technical Support
Hi there,

Is there a way to use the command "Add Attributes to Selected Point from Areas" in a script file?

I have a ton of area-shapefiles and I would like to get the attributes of them say every 1000 meters, it is a bit like "rasterize". I would like to generate a grid of point-shapefiles, each point containing the attributes of the area for that location.

If they were a dozen files I would do it manually but they are more than a thousand...

Any suggestions are warmly welcomed

Thanks a lot

Damian

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2011
    Damian,

Hmmm, there currently isn't a way to do something like via a script. Do you have any programmers available to you? If so you could certainly do something like this with the Global Mapper SDK in an automated way without too much trouble. See the Developers page at http://ww.globalmapper.com for information on the SDK.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • damianbrody
    damianbrody Global Mapper User
    edited January 2011
    Thanks anyway Mike, your reply was really fast.

Sorry if I am out of topic, but is in your plans to add radar-imagery reading capabilities to Global Mapper?, radar formats (radarsat 1 and 2, envisat, terrasar, etc) are very heinous and difficult, at least for me, to handle

Thanks again

Damian
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2011
    Damian,

As far are the Radarsat data is concerned I believe that it uses GeoTIFF as the image format for the data, so that should already be supported by Global Mapper. I'm not too familiar with the Envisat or Terrasar data sets, but I can add them to the todo list.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com