Global Mapper v25.0

Changing Contour Line Color

biggiea2000
biggiea2000 Global Mapper User
edited February 2008 in Raster Data
Is there a way to change the color of the contour lines from a DRG topo file? I am trying to drape a DRG raster over aerial imagery. I got the DRG to drape over, but would like the contour lines to be white for more visibility.

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2008
    The only way that I can think of to do this would be to first load just the DRG by itself, then open the Overlay Control Center, select the DRG, press Options, then enable transparency and set the contour brown color to transparent. Then, use the View->Background Color menu command to change the background color to whatever you want to fill in the contours with (white it sounds like). Then, use the File->Export Raster->Export GeoTIFF menu command to export a new file.

Finally, unload everything, then load your aerial image in followed by the newly exported GeoTIFF file with the white contours.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • biggiea2000
    edited February 2008
    The problem is that I also want to set the Green to transparent as well to get rid of the vegetation on the Topo, since I am using the aerial to show vegetation. Is this possible?
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2008
    Actually we have just recently added the ability to mark multiple colors as transparent for palette-based images like DRGs. With this new capability you can select multiple colors in the transparency selection list. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2008
    It seems that this feature does not work for TIFF-files, is this correct?
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2008
    The new multi-color transparency works for any palette-based raster file. So if you have an 8-bit palette TIFF file (like a USGS DRG), it should work. If your file pops up the big Windows color selection dialog, that means that you don't have a palette-based file and the multi-transparency option is not available.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • biggiea2000
    edited February 2008
    I cant seem to figure out how to make two colors transparent, the palette comes up, but can only select one color. Also, I dont think it will work since I am blending with the multiple command, so the white contour lines will not show up since it is transparent.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2008
    Assuming you are using the new build that supports multiple transparent colors, just hold down the Ctrl key when selecting to select multiple colors to be transparent.