Global Mapper v25.0

geopdf import options

redbeard
redbeard Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
If you could pester your pdf library provider...

I'd like to see some ability to adjust the resolution that the pdf gets rasterized at.

It seems that GM imported the pdf at ~1.8m per pixel, and looking at it in adobe it seems to be about half that (I think NAIP is 1 meter resolution). Is there a way to get it to import at the finer resolution so to not lose image quality? I understand about the quality of the lines as they are rasterized rather than vector, but looking at the image I notice a difference.

pdfimport.png

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2011
    The PDF export resolution is determined by the export bounds and the DPI selected. To get a higher resolution for the same export bounds, just increase the DPI used when exporting.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • redbeard
    redbeard Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2011
    No, I mean pdf import, not export. Is there a way to get Global Mapper to IMport the geopdf at a higher resolution? - yes for eventual export, but at the moment I'm interested in IMport.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2011
    Ah I see. That is currently limited by memory as the PDF is rendered into memory by the PDF library. Hopefully when there is a 64-bit version of the PDF library then higher resolution renders can be used.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com