Global Mapper v25.0

Importing DXF file

Drainage
Drainage Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2010 in Vector Data
I have been using global mapper for some time and since the GM12 update when I import the DXF from a control program I use some of the lines come in as white under the unknown line which is defaulted to black I also contacted the other software company and they say that there program exports the line as a default black so why would it come in white I have tried to change the color in the config but it does not work any help would be greatly appreciated Terry

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2010
    Terry,

The line must be specifying white as the color for the line in the DXF file, which would override the default drawing style for the type. If you want to post the DXF file or email it to support@globalmapper.com I can confirm the color code being used.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Drainage
    Drainage Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2010
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2010
    The older versions of Global Mapper used an out-dated DXF color table that had the color code 7 listed as black when it should have been white. More recent versions of Global Mapper use the correct DXF color table with color code 7 as white. I'm guessing the other application uses the same old DXF color table that older Global Mapper was using which is why they are using 7 for black rather than a color code of 0. If the other application authors want the new DXF color table I would be happy to provide it to them.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Drainage
    edited October 2010
    But why cant I change the color in the config for unknown line type it will change one selected line but wont change them all
  • Drainage
    edited October 2010
    Also it works with GM 10 when was the DXF color table changed
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2010
    It looks like the DXF color table was updated for the v11.00 release. The original one mistakenly had 2 different color codes for black.

Changing the color assigning for a type on the Line Styles tab of the Configuration dialog only changes the drawing style for features set to use the default drawing style for their type. Since the lines from DXF files have a custom color assigned by the DXF file, they aren't using the default style for their type so changing the default style doesn't affect them. If you edit the features to use the default drawing style for a type rather than using the custom style then changing the default style will cause them to draw differently.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Drainage
    edited October 2010
    Ok So in the DXF file that I attached the lines come in as 2L4 2L5 and so on so how would I get GM to recognize these" line style" and be able to config them in GM I dont think I will have alot of luck trying to get something changed with the other program provider Thanks for all your help Terry
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2010
    What you could do is go to the Line Styles tab of the Options dialog for the layer and setup styling based on attributes, then look for layers named 2L4 and 2L5 and setup styles based on that.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com