Global Mapper v25.0

Tutorial Video Size

smile
smile Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2007 in Global Mapper Forum Website
I find size of the Tutorial Video size is too small to read the steps. Is it possible to openFull Screen or in ant FLV player or Stream it in Real or Windows Palyer to make them of a readable size?

Thanks

Smile

Comments

• PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited September 2007
    Your right they need to be larger.it is something that I am working on
  • smile
    smile Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2007
    Ok. Thanks a lot
  • Daniel
    Daniel Global Mapper User
    edited September 2007
    You might also wish to look into the WP-FLV plug-in for WordPress, which works with the recommended Flash player created by Jeroen Wijering to embed into each post. Popping open into a new window might alienate users who prefer to have control over where content loads.

I would imagine that Captivate will also allow you to export to the Flash .flv format.

Using the plug-in and player mentioned, you can set the videos to not autostart so they can remain static in your posts -- and clicked on to play when requested by the reader.

Actually, running over some of the newer plug-ins for WordPress listed on Jeroen's page -- it appears there's some 'easier' to use versions in the mix. This one in particular has an easier syntax.
  • PaulTocknell
    edited September 2007
    Hi Daniel,

I actually did have that plugin and that Flash Player. In fact, if you do a view source on the blog I think it is still embedded (or "activated")

The problem was the video size. Because I am limited to 500px on the center column you couldn't see details on the screen too well. Camtasia allows for zoom and pan but Captivate (which I went with because of on-screen captions) does not so...

I like Captivate. I do agree the pop ups are annoying and I might experiment a little with both still (which is why the plugin is still activated)

Any other ideas? Keep em coming!

Paul.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Global Mapper User
    edited September 2007
    Hmm. I suppose one also has to realize who the target audience really is. Global Mapper is a Windows user demographic -- thus, I'm not sure pop-ups should be a concern.

If the pop-ups are adding to or creating a better user experience -- then I say stick with the pop-ups. That's kind of the point to pop-ups, whenever they're needed.

I think people, for the most part, understand the difference between Internet p**n and Global Mapper p**n anyway.

I mean, ummm, uhhh...
  • PaulTocknell
    edited September 2007
    I really do appreciate the suggestions though. Especially as the site is just getting started. If you have anything else, don't hesitate to mention it!