Global Mapper v25.0

Looking for an app

kbellis
kbellis Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Hi,

Does anybody know of an application that would do the following, and maybe even some how, be able to be incorporated into GM?

You're on site, mapping features. While there you're also photographing with a self-geo-referencing camera so that the images have locations embedded in the metadata.

Now you're back in the office, with four dozen geo-referenced images. The application being sought would be able to batch produce 1) a user defined icon for each image, 2) allow easy importation into say, Global Mapper, and 3) automatically generate a hyperlink back to the photo?

Does such a thing exist? If not, how horribly difficult might it be to construct an app that strips out the location, glues it to an icon with a link back to the photo?

Thanks for any reply.

Kelly

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2010
    Kelly,

If your camera created JPG images with embedded EXIF position data from the GPS, you can simply load those JPG files into Global Mapper and they will automatically load as points with a camera icon. When you click on those with the Feature Info tool you will see the associated image itself.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kbellis
    kbellis Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2010
    That's awesome Mike! Is there anyway to export those icons and their associated hyperlinks, say for example to a .dwg? Two quick attempts (one using vector export, the other raster) resulted in neither of those efforts producing the desired outcome.
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2010
    Yes, if you export to a vector KML/KMZ files you will get the point features with the linked photo as part of the description for the point that you see when you click on it.

If you export to another format that supports attributes, like Shapefile or MapInfo, then the point feature will have the path to the photo file as an attribute.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Kevin123
    Kevin123 Global Mapper User
    edited December 2011
    i do not understand how can I integrate the Map ??
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Kevin I'm not really sure what you are asking. Can you provide further explanation?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com