Global Mapper v25.0

Applying style on attribute value

iaorana
iaorana Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited June 2010 in Vector Data
Hi Mike
Is there a possibility to apply style on attribute value but with providing a joker in the value.

Ex atrribute value AAAAAA.123
All values starts by AAAAAA followed by an Idnumber.
I'd like to set a style to all AAAAAA.
It could be something like AAAAAA%

It would be much easier than selecting with search all AAAAAA and changing layer.

Thanks
Iaorana

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2010
    If you are using the Search->Search by Attribute menu command, just use the * wildcard in your search string, like 'AAAAA*' to match the desired values, then edit them.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • iaorana
    iaorana Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2010
    It's not what I was looking at.
    I would rather keep the value as it is as the id is important and use in the overlay control center >>options >> areas, points, lines style >>apply stlyles by attribute value with an *
    Would it be difficult to implement?

iaorana
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2010
    That was not difficult at all to implement. I have now updated the attribute values to allow wildcard (* and ?) characters. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • iaorana
    edited June 2010
    Hi Mike

I'm going to test this but meanwhile just another congratulation to your job and efficiency to always give a solution to GM users.
    That is why GM is and stay such a good software that suits all the users' needs.

Thanks

Iaorana

What you need GM can do it... What you dream.. you'll have to wait GM will do it
  • iaorana
    edited June 2010
    Thanks Mike it works perfect.
    Just wanted also to inform all that's It's case sensitive.

Iaorana