Global Mapper v25.0

Problem with WINKEL TRIPEL PROJECTION

mapjp
mapjp Global Mapper User
edited March 2010 in Technical Support
Hello,:)

I use GM and I have a problem : I want transform (raster) geographical projection WGS84 to WINKEL TRIPEL and use it in Illustrator with mapublisher. But the Winkel Tripel projection is not the same in Mapublisher ! :mad::mad::mad:
Is it possible to modify Global mapper's Winkel Tripel projection ?
How can I obtain the same projection in Global Mapper ?
I link the Winkel Tripel projection from Mapblisher to compare.

Thanks, thanks, thanks and sorry for my bad english !!!
Best regards from France

I hopes you can help me

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2010
    It looks like the Winkel Tripel from MapPublisher is using a Central Meridian value of 10E. Can you try using that in Global Mapper and see if it then matches?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mapjp
    mapjp Global Mapper User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for your answer, :)

Yes I use the 10 central meridien in GM and in Mapublisher you can look projection from global mapper in the third file. The GM projection is different !

Proj Winkel 1 is equival in GM and Mapublisher but Winkel Tripel not. Is there a problem with envelop or others specification ? I look for since one day but I dont find :mad:

Thanks again

jp
  • mapjp
    mapjp Global Mapper User
    edited March 2010
    I think the problem is because it's not possible to atribute spécifique latitude, do you know if it is possible to modify centrale latitude ?

Thanks

jp
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2010
    jp,

The Winkel Tripel definition in Global Mapper was fixed to use a latitude of 58 40 N. I have updated this so that now you can modify the true scale latitude to hopefully match what MapPublisher is using (their PRJ file lists 0 as the latitude, although typically 58 40 N or 40N are used).

I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com