Global Mapper v25.0

Red and Green Feature Endpoints

dcoggin
dcoggin Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2010 in SDK
Mike,

I'm not sure how much trouble it would be, but it would be very nice to get red and green endpoints for the first and last feature endpoints when selecting GM_MiscOpt_RenderEndpoints. That is often very helpful in Global Mapper.

Thanks,

David

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2010
    David,

For now what I would suggest if you want that is to just find all of the on-screen lines (use GM_FindNearestFeatures and pass the flag to get all), then just draw the endpoints yourself if they are onscreen. I can look at adding an option though, although currently the red-and-green endpoints should only be for selected lines.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • dcoggin
    dcoggin Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2010
    Mike,

I only wanted it for selected lines. I thought it might be relatively easy since the Misc_Opts flag was already there. Nice, but not a big deal.

David
  • dcoggin
    dcoggin Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2010
    Mike,

That is actually a very good suggestion (of course). All my rendered selected features are on a single layer so it would be fairly simple (and I believe quick) to find all within the screen bounds and draw them myself. I had planned on making them point features which would have to be mapped to their respective selected feature and tracked so they could be deleted when the selected feature was deselected. Your idea is much better.

Thanks,
    David