Global Mapper v25.0

Global Mapper v11.02 Available - Adds Legend Creation!

global_mapper
global_mapper Administrator
edited March 2010 in Announcement and News
Global Mapper Software LLC is pleased to announce the availability of Global Mapper v11.02 at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper_setup_v1102.exe . Just download that file and run it to install v11.02. It will install over any existing Global Mapper v11.xx version. If you need the 64-bit version you can download and install that from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper_setup_v1102_64bit.exe .

Numerous significant enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Global Mapper for this release. The most significant changes are described below:

- Added support to the Map Layout tool for automatically generating a map legend, either from the collection of loaded map features display styles or from a user-specified color palette.
- Added 'Area Styles' tab to Options dialog for vector layers with area features allowing users to setup the styling of areas in a layer. Now users can use the default type-based styling, apply a single style to all area features in a layer, setup an attribute-based styling system that styles the areas based on the value of an attribute value or the display label, or randomly assign colors to the areas in a layer.
- Added 'Line Styles' tab to Options dialog for vector layers with line features allowing users to setup the styling of lines in a layer. Now users can use the default type-based styling, apply a single style to all line features in a layer, setup an attribute-based styling system that styles the lines based on the value of an attribute value or the display label, or randomly assign colors to the lines in a layer.
- Added support for resampling raster and elevation layers using bicubic interpolation or a box average of size 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5, in addition to the previously available options of nearest neighbor and bilinear interpolation. The "anti-alias" option on the Raster Options dialog has been replaced with one for selecting the sampling method to use.

All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.

Note that this is a free upgrade for registered users of any Global Mapper
v11.xx product. Registered Global Mapper v10.xx users can purchase an
upgrade for only $129 US from the Purchase page at http://www.globalmapper.com .

Please let us know if you have any problems, questions, or comments.

Thanks,

Global Mapper Support
support@globalmapper.com

Comments

• tjhb
    tjhb Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2010
    Is it just me, or is the 64-bit installer broken?

Each attempt to install gives the error "Error reading setup initialization file".

I've downloaded three times. The result is 21,454 KB (21,965,222 bytes).
  • tjhb
    edited March 2010
    The new installer at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_setup_64bit.exe (28,659 KB) successfully installs 11.02, build 1 March 2010 21:29:32.

Which link is supposed to be definitive?
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    I just tried the first link and it downloaded and installed just fine for me. I did just update the installers, so perhaps you were downloading it as it was uploading or something. Both of the install links should have the exact same content, the v1102 link will just stay that way through future v11.xx releases, while the link with no version in it will always be the latest v11.xx 64-bit release (right now these are of course the same thing).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • tjhb
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Mike. Working for me now too.

(Still a very slight size difference. The "v1102" installer is 5 KB smaller.)
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    The only difference is the filename. Im guessing the difference in filename length pushed the file over a 4KB boundary or something, resulting in the size difference.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • tjhb
    edited March 2010
    Cool Mike.
  • tjhb
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for these two small things, among the big ones:

o Added support for using Adobe Color Table (.act) files for palettes.
    o Added support for 16-bit TIFF files with palettes.

Being able to share .act files between Global Mapper, Photoshop and Illustrator throughout a project will be very handy.