Global Mapper v25.0

64Bit SDK

Dilys
Dilys Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited August 2009 in SDK
Hi Mike,

I tried to use the bin64 folder in the GlobalMapperSDK_v131_beta file for my system which was installed in a 64bit machine. An error, 'An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. [Exception from HRESULT: 0X80070008]', occured when any GM function was called.

Even I tried to use just the bin folder in the GlobalMapperSDK_v131_beta file in the 64bit machine, same problem occured. But the normal SDK works with any 32bit machine.

Could you help me please?

Cheers
Dilys

Comments

• Dilys
    Dilys Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2009
    Hi Mike,

I want to give you more information:

When I took away the GlobalMapperInterface.dll from my system and only left the GlobalMapperInterface64.dll in my system. Another error, 'Unable to load DLL
    'GlobalMapperInterface': The specified module could not be found. [Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007007E]'' occured. It seems to be only the GlobalMapperInterface.dll was used.

I think I may miss something or do something wrong.

Thanks for help in advance!
    Dilys
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2009
    Dilys,

First, is your project setup to be a native 64-bit (x64) project? If not the 64-bit DLL would not work. Also, any function declarations that you have that reference 'GlobalMapperInterface' would need to be changed to reference 'GlobalMapperInterface64' to use the 64-bit version.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Dilys
    Dilys Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2009
    Hi Mike,

We descided not to use the 64bit SDK now.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
    Dilys