Global Mapper v25.0

geopdf import - rectification dialog

redbeard
redbeard Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
When I imported a geopdf from the usgs site, it asked for my utm zone, which I supplied. But when it displayed, it displayed at the West end of the zone and at the equator. Is there a way to optionally display the rectification dialog when importing the usgs geopdf?

Or can it read the coordinates from the geopdf and position itself?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2009
    Normally the v11 release would automatically read and use the embedded projection information. Can you email the PDF that doesn't do this to support@globalmapper.com so that I can take a look?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • redbeard
    redbeard Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2009
    I can't email it as I don't have it on this machine, but I downloaded it from the usgs

http://ims.er.usgs.gov/gda_services/download?item_id=5090523&quad=Saint%20Elmo&state=CO&grid=7.5X7.5&series=Map%20GeoPDF

I think that is a direct link. If not, it is the quad named 'Saint Elmo' found at 38deg 42min N, 106deg 20min W.
  • redbeard
    edited August 2009
    I think it is the file. I downloaded the older (1983) quad from that area and it shows coords in adobe, but not the newer (1994) quad.

Looks like an email to USGS is in order.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2009
    I took a look and discovered that when units are that meters are involved GeoPDF encodes things very strangely and Global Mapper wasn't interpreting things right, or at least how the TerraGo PDF tools used by the USGS to make the PDFs thought things should be. I have updated Global Mapper to use the same methodology as the TerraGo tools and now those USGS PDF files load in the correct location.

I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • redbeard
    edited August 2009
    Works great!