Global Mapper v25.0

DigitalGlobe no longer available through Global Mapper

bisenberger
bisenberger Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2014 in Downloading Imagery
The DigitalGlobe is no longer available in the Online Data Source Download list.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2013
    If you get the latest installers from Global Mapper Downloads it is back. We had a hacker in it and had to update software to stop them.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • bisenberger
    bisenberger Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2013
    I downloaded the latest version from your link and it's there again. Although the premium content can't be purchased through Global Mapper/Blue Marble anymore. What is the system for purchase now?

• global_mapper
    edited April 2013
    We may no longer be selling new DigitalGlobe subscriptions. You should be able to purchase either directly from DigitalGlobe or from another of their partners that sells cloud service subscriptions, then you can us the client access GUID that you are provided inside Global Mapper just like you can one purchased from us. You just won't be able to to check the remaining size of your purchase with an externally purchased access ID.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • Golfgraffix
    Golfgraffix Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2013
    If you get the latest installers from Global Mapper Downloads it is back. We had a hacker in it and had to update software to stop them.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru

Mike I have V13.2.2 installed, what do i have to do to get Digital globe iamge viewer back?

Ty

John
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2013
    John,

There is a new v13.2.2 build that restores DigitalGlobe. I have placed a new build at http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper13.zip with the latest changes for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v13.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v13 version there is a new build at http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper13_64bit.zip .

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • bisenberger
    bisenberger Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info Mike.
  • Ed East
    Ed East Global Mapper User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Mike;

I also am using 13.2.2 - I guess I must have the old hacked build, as I can see DigitalGlobe preveiw. Unfortunately, the link you posted above no longer works - would it be possible to post the new installer again? Or should I contact customer service?

cheers & thanks (for an awesome program, too!)

Ed
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2014
    Ed,

The DigitalGlobe servers changed dramatically after the v13 release anyone so the old preview in v13 won't work at all since the servers they point to don't exist anymore. If you have a premium DigitalGlobe subscription, through us or DigitalGlobe, then the DG access in the latest versions uses their new servers. That wasn't added until v14.x though when they switched server technologies. You can contact gmorders@bluemarblegeo.com and they can get you updated to v15.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
  • DC Kelley
    DC Kelley Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2014
    Does this then mean that all use of v13.2.2 (or work spaces projects created with such content) is no longer able to work?

I just ran GM after an absence of many months, and got responses with: No data layers found on WMTS server. OGCWMTSCapabilities.cpp - 247 Version: v13.2.2 (64-bit) Build Time: Jun 26 2012 02:06:51 This occurs for most prior work spaces.

What are our options at this point
    ?

I am a premium DigitalGlobe subscriber if that helps, but frankly as that thing crashes more often then it works it have proven to be of little value to us.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2014
    The workspaces will still load, but any online sources that are no longer available would give an error. If you then close those layers and re-save a workspace then you will have a clean workspace without the layers that no longer load. If you email geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com we can provide some tips on adding some additional online sources that aren't available as built-in sources, like Google Maps and Bing Maps.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • DC Kelley
    edited February 2014
    > The workspaces will still load,
    As far as I can determine this is not the case. After the error message none of the other content is loaded. Thence the vector line art is lost as well as other loaded data and there is nothing there that I can "close those layers and re-save a workspace" from.

Should I (or do I need to) attempt the remove the ASCII line in the start of the gmw file that seem to pertain to these maps?
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2014
    You can edit the workspace files in a text editor (like Notepad) and remove the IMPORT_IMAGEBUILDER (ImageBuilder is the name of the old DigitalGlobe servers) or IMPORT_DIGITALGLOBE commands, then save the .gmw file and load it. That should allow the rest to load, as it is the sources must just be taking a very long time and timing out since the servers v13 of GM knew about no longer exist.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • DC Kelley
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Mike, I have downloaded the current demo release and have been editing the files to try on my licensed 13.2.2 copy. With editing I can now get the files to load on 13.2.2. (without editing nothing loads at all). On the current 15.1 release the tool will load the older workspace and then note which were not found (much better response). I presume there is not final patch to correct the hang in 13.2.2, correct?

If not clear to me how I get to the DigitalGlobe data to load in in 13.2.2, and part of my own misunderstanding was confusing the DigitalGlobe data with MapMart data. I had confused the two vendors. My lack of using GM in the past few months is the root problem there.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2014
    There isn't any way to load the new DigitalGlobe server data in v13.2.2 as that version doesn't understand the server technologies (WFS and WMTS among others) that DigitalGlobe switched to after the last v13 release. The new DigitalGlobe servers only work in v14 and later, so you would have to move to the latest (v15) to use the DigitalGlobe servers. Now if the data is hosted on MapMart servers those are different and just use normal WMS, so I guess it depends on whether you have data purchased from MapMart or streaming DigitalGlobe purchased from us within the last year.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    Global Mapper
  • GayleShier
    GayleShier Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2014
    the new DigitalGlobe servers only work in v14 and later

i guess this is the point i was missing so appreciate sharing it ..
  • DC Kelley
    edited March 2014
    I think I have gotten to the bottom of this, but I very much hope I am wrong. Please correct me.

Have upgraded from r13 to the current r15 (at $) once I first confirmed we could use our prior purchased access to DigitialGlobe account permissions on a r15 demo copy (and by using the account GM sold to us just under a year ago which in fact only worked with GM14 and newer) I now more clearly see that your well integrated support for such images seems to have changed.

GM (more correctly Blue marble) no longer supports purchasing further DigitialGlobe access (or access to Map Mart) as it once did. And the accounts which your clients had established are basically dead and can not be refreshed. This is true regardless of upgrades.

[ One can then obtain access from DigitialGlobe with a minimal annual fee of 7.k for 100k tiles etc., or deal with their other resellers whom presumable repackage this in various value added way. Or of course select other raster sources. ]

Is the above correct?
  • DC Kelley
    edited March 2014
    So can one renew DigitialGlobe access in any practical way here? Inquires to support not answered, unlike the normal very timely replies. I do not mean to be pushy or rude here, but is the prior post correct?