Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

Too many tiles showing in Overlay Control Center

mchilesmchiles Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited December 2012 in Technical Support
Hi-

I'm new to the forum and using V12.02 of Global Mapper. When I use GM in the field on my ranch, I am not online. I have air photos of the place on GM, in tiles (from NAIP data), and all those tiles display as 1 line item in my Overlay Control Center (2009 air photo).

There are new NAIP photos for our area now, and I am trying to save them so I can use them in the field. I've downloaded what I need in tile format, TIFF. I can load it in GM and it works fine, EXCEPT that in the Overlay Control Center, each tile appears as a line (all 242).

There is some way to make them all appear as 1 line, which I hope to call "2011 air photo". I can subgroup them all under one name using "set group to assign to selected layers". I can then save that group as a workspace, but when I open it it still isn't one line that I can then place in another subgroup somewhere. It is still a group of 242 separately listed TIFF tiles.

I know there is a way to do what I am trying to do because it is already done once in my workspace. Anyone have a solution for me? Thanks!

-Matt :)

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited December 2012
    Matt,

I would suggest using File->Create New Map Catalog to create a map catalog from all of the TIFF files, then just load the map catalog. This will also be more efficient for working with all of those files.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • mchilesmchiles Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Mike-

This seems to do the job! Thanks, I knew there had to be an easy way to do it.

It must be a little different than what I did before, because the icon in the Overlay Control Center is different - it has red "road" road type lines. My older map from before has colored diagonal lines.

Thanks again - my problem is solved.

-Matt :)