Global Mapper v25.0

2 Questionss - export and file selection

Michael_GR
Michael_GR Global Mapper User
edited November 2012 in Technical Support
Hi, I have two questions regarding Global Mapper.

The first is about exporting files. I use GM to produce imagery and elevation output to a 3D app. I often need to make small changes and tweaks to a project and then export the exact same area over and over until I get it right. Is there a way to save a specific export setting - ideally including all settings - resolution, gridding, extents, format etc. - so I can export the exact same area again and again with one mouse click? Anything that comes close could help me.

The second question is about selection. Is there a way to use the cursor to select a loaded image / elevation file in the map view? I mean click some point on the map and see a list of loaded data at this point from which I can have one of them selected in the control center, similar to right-clicking in photoshop to select a layer in the layers window.

Thanks for any help! and on a general note, Global mapper rocks!

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2012
    I would suggest writing a small script that has an EXPORT_RASTER (or EXPORT_ELEVATION) script command with just the settings and bounds that you want and saving it as a .gmw file. Then you can simply load that .gmw file to run the script that does that export. See http://www.globalmapper.com/helpv14/ScriptReference.html for details.

There isn't currently a direct way to select a map in the main view window, but you could first select all of the layers in the Control Center, then right-click on them and choose the option to create map bounding boxes. This will give you area features from all of the map bounding boxes. You can then use the Feature Info Tool to click in a location and right-click to cycle through the map bounding boxes at that location.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • Michael_GR
    Michael_GR Global Mapper User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the reply! I will try working with scripts.