Global Mapper Pro

Load, Disply, and Plot Geo-Referenced Camera Images

gbmapper
gbmapper Global Mapper User
From my Garmin geo-referenced photos I would like to replace the camera symbol with the actual photograph and then stretch it into a plottable size. Seems like I did this once with a short right-click option but I'm not sure.

It would be doubly great to be able to put it in a comment bubble and streatch the bubble pointer to the margin of the map where it would be out of the way. I can view the photo with Feature Info Tool but I can't find a way to actually display the photo and lay it onto the map.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2012
    If you go to the Advanced section of the GEneral tab of the Configuration dialog there is an option labeled 'JPG: Ignore EXIF Position Information'. Check that then load your JPG file and it will load as an image that you can then rectify.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • Cyril22
    Cyril22 Global Mapper User
    edited December 2012
    Take one airplane, four Sony surveillance cameras, some cheap photographic filters, a large helping of software wizardry made possible by Moore's Law, and prepare over New England Yankee ingenuity as interpreted by a team from all round the world. What do you get?
    Precision georeferenced imagery -- in very near real time. That's the promise of GeoVantage, Inc. of Swampscott, Mass, which is delivering aerial photos that are extremely accurate and that have location and terrain data embedded right in them, for the benefit of customers in a variety of industries including forestry, agriculture, urban planning and environmental management.