Global Mapper v25.0

Grid Spacing

Drainage
Drainage Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2008 in Technical Support
How do I show the grid when clicking the show in current projection and define the spacing by grid units I do these things and have no grid on screen thanks Terry

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2008
    Terry,

Make sure that you have not disabled line or grid line type display on the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog and that some grid lines at your specified grid interval would be on your display.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Drainage
    Drainage Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2008
    Tried that I do not have the grid lines or major and minor unchecked tried zooming in and out but cannot see any grid unless I use the lat long grid thanks Terry
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2008
    If you can see the lat/lon grid lines then the styling is not the problem. What grid spacing are you using for you custom projection spacing? It sounds like perhaps the grid spacing is such that no grid lines on that spacing interval would be on screen. Check the coordinate readout on the status bar and make sure that it is correct and that your specified grid spacing would result in some line being on screen.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Drainage
    edited February 2008
    I guess I dont understand what you want me to do. The file I am looking at is a DRQ with lines that I have add it is in WGS 84 units arc degrees and I want to put a grid over it at 50 X 50 FT is this possible also can a person line up the grid with a landmark on the photo or with a line drawn on the screen Thanks Terry
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2008
    If you go to the Projection tab of the Configuration dialog, make sure that you have a projection selected that is linear, like UTM, with units of feet like you want. Then on the General tab of the Configuration dialog, select the current projection grid option and enter 50 for the spacing. This should give you a grid at a 50 foot interval. If that doesn't work, try a larger interval like 500 ft just in case the 50 foot interval is resulting in too many grid lines to render.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Drainage
    edited February 2008
    Thanks again for all the help I was able to get the grid with your adivise now is there anyway to line up the grid on landmark or lines already on the DXF file to do some tracing of proposed lines Thanks again Terry
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2008
    The grid lines are always on even boundaries of the spacing that you specify. You could use the Digitizer Tool and just draw a new line starting at your landmark and then continuing straight in a horizontal or vertical line to make it like a grid line. Hold down ALT for a horizontal line or CTRL for a vertical line when drawing.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com