Global Mapper v25.0

Unable to import pdf file

DGriffith
DGriffith Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2012 in Technical Support
Normally I can open and rectify a pdf file without problems, but with one pdf file after I answer "yes" that I want to rectify it nothing happens. I just get the three windows for the file and the control point window below, but no image to rectify. Same result in both GM 13 & 14. I can open the pdf without problems in Adobe Acrobat and there is no security on the file. File size is 13.5 MB. I'm using 32 bit GM on Windows XP, SP3.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Thanks in advance,
David

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2012
    David,

If you choose the option to just fake the position to view it does it show up then or is it blank? There are a few PDFs that we've found that the PDF library that we use renders as blank. If you can provide the file I can try it and pass it onto them to see if they can fix the problem.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • DGriffith
    DGriffith Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Mike. No it doesn't show up when I fake a position. Attached is the offending pdf file. I solved my immediate problem by exporting the pdf file from Acrobat to a tiff file, then opening the tiff file in Global Mapper. But obviously I want Global Mapper to be able to open the pdf directly.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    David

ps I'll e-mail the file to you instead as it failed to upload twice.