Global Mapper v25.0

Line set to "solid with black edges", won't show black edges when exported.

firemanx
firemanx Global Mapper User
edited October 2012 in Technical Support
So I've set some lines to display as a solid white line with a black edge. It looks fine in GM, when I export vector->PDF or export->PDF I simply get the white solid portion, the black edge portion seems to get stripped out. Any ideas?

Additionally, some of my lines are defined as a residential road, the label name is being automatically ported in from the attributes, however the label is remaining to one far side of the line rather than being centered All the possible options I can find to center the label on the line have been checked, but the label remains in the same position, same is true if I choose "above", "below", etc... it doesn't change the position of the label. Is there any suggestion on how to place a label in a specific location? I suppose create a point with the label name I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance as always.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2012
    The PDF library that we used doesn't support an arbitrary set of line styles, so any of the complex ones end up as just solid lines currently. What you could maybe do is create 2 lines on top of each other, one with the background color and one with the foreground color and thinner, although that would duplicate the feature in the file which may be undesirable if you ever want to extract the vectors.

Where are you setting up the label placement? The label position options on the font dialog only work for point features, they don't affect the placement for line features. There is a checkbox to center the labels on the line though when editing the line style that should put the label right on the line rather than on one edge.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com