Too many Vertices to copy?

TheAliTheAli Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited October 2012 in Technical Support
I have a tracklog of a ship i was working on. The data was recorded live into GM via NMEA string. I now want to export this nav data. I can view the vertices and see they have time, elevation, speed, heading attributes that i want.. but when i click 'copy to clipboard' button i get a message saying 'too much data to copy'. (50,000+ vertices)

How can i export the Vertices and retain all the attributes. When i 'export vector format', it just gives me x,y and zed if i'm lucky.

There must be another way other than 'copy to clipboard', what is this, office95!?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2012
    What version of Global Mapper are you using? The latest releases have a fail-safe for large copies to the clipboard that prompts you to save to a text file when the data is too much to copy to the clipboard and just paste somewhere else. That didn't exist until v13.2 though I don't think.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • TheAliTheAli Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Hi, thanks for the tip. Am currently using v13. I'll have to look into getting the upgrade as i need that save to text option!
    A workaround for this problem is to copy all that the clipboard will take - paste them somewhere (excel) - then delete the vertices from GM you just saved - copy the next clipboard full - paste to excel - repeat as necessary. Only problem is you end up deleting your raw data.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2012
    If you get the new version with the file save option then at least for each of those you could have a separate file. The normal exports don't save those extra parameters as they aren't raw attributes of the data but are all calculated based on the XYZ+time, although I can see how it wouldn't be trivial to generate those in Excel or something.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com