How Ensure Consistency of Point, Line, Area Styles

HendersonHenderson Global Mapper UserPosts: 26Trusted User
edited September 2012 in Technical Support
Hello, I am having some inconsistent results with the point, line and area styles across different projects. Specifically some styles that I had created and used in one .gmw file, then not being available in another, or just disappearing.

Is there some setting that I need to choose, or some workflow approach that I need to take to ensure that whatever such styles I create are then permanently available, consistently across existing and subsequent global mapper projects.

Thanks.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2012
    Are you adding new feature types on the Styles tabs of the Configuration dialog or perhaps adding new custom area/point symbols? If you create them there then they should be available to any other projects on the same computer. What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • HendersonHenderson Global Mapper User Posts: 26Trusted User
    edited September 2012
    Yes, I am adding them under the Styles tabs of the Configuration dialog. Sometimes styles that I know I added in one project, don't appear in another, or are missing. Are there particular situations in which these results might occur, for example having two projects open at the same time, etc. Thanks.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2012
    If you add the styles/types in different instances of Global Mapper that are running at the same time, whichever instance is closed last will "win" in terms of what is saved. Any new custom styles/types are saved to disk when you close Global Mapper, so if you had multiple instances running anything added outside an instance wouldn't be known to that instance if it was added in another still-running instance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • HendersonHenderson Global Mapper User Posts: 26Trusted User
    edited September 2012
    OK, makes sense. Thanks.