Global Mapper v25.0

new to Global Mapper; exporting data within a range of slope

greenmtnnav
greenmtnnav Global Mapper User
edited August 2012 in Elevation Data
hi,

i am wondering if there is a way in Global Mapper to load, for instance, the ASTER GDEM, and isolate terrain with a particular range of slope, lets say from 25 to 50 degrees and then export only the areas that fall within that range as vector data, excluding everything outside of those minimum and maximum values.

I have been able to set the slope shader values to display terrain with the range of slope that I am after, however i cannot seem to figure out how to select just those areas for export. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

Matt.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2012
    Matt,

What you can do is export a Float Grid with slope values rather than elevation using the File->Export Elevation Data menu command, then load that back in, now with slope values as "elevations". Then go to the Alter Elevations tab of the Options dialog for the layer and set the min/max range of "elevations" to your desired slope range. If you then want to filter your original terrain layer based on where the slope is in the valid range, use the File->Combine Terrain menu command. There is an option there to keep values from one layer only where the 2nd layer is valid.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com