Global Mapper v25.0

Keyboard shortcut to turno on inserting vertex?

MikeC
MikeC Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2012 in Technical Support
Is there keyboard shortcut which turn on inserting vertex?

When I load external data usually I have to edit it, which includes moving existing vertexes and inserting new. Each time I have to insert vertex I have to use mouse to click on that option. I would like to be able to that from keyboard but I cannot find that there is an keyboard shortcut assigned to that function.

I found only two shortcuts related to inserting vertex, Shift + LeftClick and I + LeftClick, but both are supposed to be used if inserting vertex is already turned on.

Lacking of this feature really slows down.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2012
    Do you do a lot of mixing of moving and inserting vertices? If you tend to just insert a bunch of vertices in a sequence, there is a toolbar button to go into Insert Vertex mode, then you can just hold down I when left-clicking to insert the vertex to stay in Insert Vertex mode and insert a bunch of them at once. It is only when you have to leave Insert Vertex mode that you have to press the toolbar button again to go back into it (or use the right-click menu).

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • MikeC
    MikeC Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2012
    I do mix moving and inserting vertices a lot. Usually it is one vertice moved then another inserted. Having to click toolbar to turn inserting vertice each time slows me down a lot.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2012
    We are planning substantial improvements and customization to the Digitizer Tool interface in the upcoming v14 release, so there will likely be a solution then.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com