Global Mapper v25.0

Minna projection?

JackiHocum
JackiHocum Global Mapper User
edited June 2012 in Projection Questions
I have a set of coordinates that I would like to read into global mapper in order to transform them. The information that I have indicates they are in Minna projection. My research leads me to believe that is UTM 32 south. I have a translation factor to convert them to WGS84 datum. I tried to create a datum, but when I read my file, I get the message "coordinate out of range". I am unfamiliar with Minna, and suspect that I am reading the file incorrectly so I cannot convert them correctly. I would appreciate any suggestions or insights.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2012
    There's no need to create a Minna datum, there are two specializations of it (one for Cameroon and the other for Nigeria) already built-in to Global Mapper. Are your coordinates lat/lon values or in a grid system? If lat/lon just select Geographic for your projection and select the appropriate Minna datum. If a projected system, they may be UTM 32S (UTM zone -32 in Global Mapper) , but with the appropriate Minna datum.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • JackiHocum
    JackiHocum Global Mapper User
    edited June 2012
    Ok, my problem was not understanding that Minna is a datum. I was looking for it in the incorrect place. I am still having problems reading the data without getting coordinate out of range. I will have to try to get more info on the projection that my coordinates are in. Thank-you for your quick response.