Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

Don't Display Feature Labels

jdh5259jdh5259 Global Mapper UserPosts: 30Trusted User
edited June 2012 in GM Script Language
I was wondering if there was a way using the script to prevent displaying feature labels when exporting rasters as KML. I noticed there was an option in exporting vector data:

INC_LAYER_ATTR (SHAPEFILE, MAPINFO, or KML only) - specifies whether or not the layer (description) of a feature should be added as an attribute to the DBF files exported with the Shapefile or for KML files whether or not displays labels should be exported for line and area features. Use INC_LAYER_ATTR=YES to enable or INC_LAYER_ATTR=NO to disable. This is enabled by default for Shapefile and MapInfo exports and disabled by KML.

However, I could not find a similar option for the raster data.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jdh5259jdh5259 Global Mapper User Posts: 30Trusted User
    edited June 2012
    Also, would there be a way to select what type (point, line, or area) for the labels. Such as disabling labels for lines and areas but still allowing them for points.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited June 2012
    Is your input data raster or are you rasterizing vector data to a raster KML file? If your input is raster there really isn't anything that can be done there are any information about what is a point, line, or area was lost when the data was rasterized, it's just a picture once it is rasterized. If you are instead rasterizing vector data then the normal vector display settings for the different types and styles would apply when you run the script and export your vector features to a raster KML. If you setup the labeling and display how you want on the Vector Display and Styles tabs of the Configuration dialog prior to export you should get what you want.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • jdh5259jdh5259 Global Mapper User Posts: 30Trusted User
    edited June 2012
    Oops, I should have mentioned I was rasterizing vector data. Anyways, thanks for the information. I was hoping there was a way to do this via the script but this should work.

Thanks again.