Global Mapper v25.0

Font Size Stuck on Times New Roman 12

dawright
dawright Global Mapper User
edited May 2012 in Technical Support
Hi,

I cant work out how to change the font size for polygon area labels.

All area feature types in this case are the same.

I have set

Tools>Configururation>Vector Display
Draw Feature Labels selected
Allways display all labels

Tools>Configururation>Area Styles>Area Type>Edit Type>Select Label Font to Times New Roman 5

Tools>Configururation>Area Styles>Show Labels for Areas of this type > Select Label Font to Times New Roman 5

I have tried increasing and decreasing font size and type but labels stubbornly stay on on Times New Roman 12.

Would be grateful to solve this little time waster.

Thanks

David

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2012
    David,

What format are you loading the features from? Some formats have their own font information built-in to the file, so that over-rides any default settings. You can always go to the Area Styles tab of the Options dialog for the layer and setup everything in the layer to use the same style/font. You can also select and edit all of the areas directly and set the font that way as well. The default font on the Area Styles tab of the Config dialog only applies if the features are of that don't and are set to use the default style.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • dawright
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Mike,

The format was a shapefile. The Area Styles tab of the Options dialog for the layer fixed it thank you.

A quick suggetion regarding labels, because of overlapping labels for small polygons and difficulties in positing, it would be good if a label for polygon could be dragged away from polygon with an arrow / bent arrow connecting to the centroid.

If this is already possible I would be pleased to know.

Thanks again as usual for your prompt and helpful response.

Regards

David
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2012
    David,

Something like that is not currently possible, but you could create a point feature for the label and then drag it where you want and draw a line feature to connect the label back to the area, then turn off the actual area label.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • dawright
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Mike