Global Mapper Pro

Is It Possible To Label Individual Vertices Along A Line Feature?

Erik Black
Erik Black Global Mapper User
edited April 2012 in Vector Data
Here is what I am trying to do:

1) Create a line feature that traces the path of a trail

2) Designate specific vertices at specific positions along the line (for example where the trail intersects another road or trail)

3) Generate an elevation profile from the line that shows the position of the vertices from step 2

I am able to draw a line feature and generate an elevation profile from it no problem. But the elevation profile shows all of the vertices in the line indescrimindately. Is there a way to label individual vertices in a line so that their positions can be identified in the elevation profile?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2012
    There isn't currently any way to mark any vertices as special from the others. What you could perhaps do if you don't have too many is split the line so that each end point is one of these points of interest, then generate and save the profiles from each line separately. You could use the Set Start Distance option on the Options menu of the path profile dialog to specify where to start the path so they stitch together. Then save a distance/Z file for the path profile on the File menu of the path profile dialog. Load each of those distance/Z files back into a new workspace to get the profile view loaded in the main map view. You can then color each segment separately or maybe add the points there.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • Erik Black
    Erik Black Global Mapper User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Mike, I will try it that way.