Global Mapper Pro

Problems loading EPSG Code or *.prj file for Taiwan TWD 67

Hendrik
Hendrik Global Mapper User
edited March 2012 in Projection Questions
Hello.

I tried to solve this task by my own, but unfortunately i can't manage it.

Problem: Using taiwanese TWD 67 coordinates (coordinate systenm unknown in GM).

I did:
- Download of the 3821 EPSG Code which GM couldn't use.
- Download of the *prj file at the same webpage and adding some informations about scale factor and false easting because GM told me "Error parsing file...Some data is missing" while using the "Load data" button during the import of my *.txt-file with the coordinates (as points)
- I found this webpage, there isa lot of transformation information, but i want to use a *.prj file so that i can deal with similar projects in the future without beeing linked to one webpage.
- Another webpage contains information about the scaling and more...

So please can someone tell me how to create a working *.prj for the TWD 67 coordinate system so that i can easily use and change coordinates in GM?

Best regards and a lot of thanks in advantage,
Hendrik

Comments

• Hendrik
    edited March 2012
    EDIT: I found the right *.prj File in ArcGIS (unfortunately ArcGIS isn't able to perfom a build-in transformation) but GM still dosn't want to read this *.prj file.

What is the difference between these 2 files?
    Exepct the "AUTHORITY["ESRI",102441]" at the end?

This drives me crazy.....
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2012
    The issue was that Global Mapper didn't know anything about the TWD67 datum, so it couldn't pull in a projection from your PRJ files or the EPSG code. I have added built-in support for that datum so now it should work fine. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v13.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v13 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_64bit.zip .

Thanks,

Mike
  • Hendrik
    edited March 2012
    Thanks a lot for the fast support. I think this one is the point where i should upgrade to version 13 (still using 12).

Thanks again.

Hendrik