Strange error when opening Lidar with gm v13.1

rhinolandrhinoland Global Mapper UserPosts: 6
edited March 2012 in Bug Report
Hi, I just upgraded to v13.1 from v12.2 and am having an issue when trying to open a Lidar las file that is to be rendered as a grid. These las files were exported from v12.2 and everything was working fine until the upgrade. When I load the file manually and ask for gridding it works fine, but when I try to open a gmw with the files I get the below errors. Hopefully you can take a look at this.

Thanks!

Global Mapper Errors.png

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited March 2012
    Can you send the .gmw file? It sounds almost like it is trying to load the LAS file as an ASCII text file, which shouldn't work in any version of Global Mapper since a LAS file isn't a text file.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • rhinolandrhinoland Global Mapper User Posts: 6
    edited March 2012
    The whole file is over 10MB so I've just cut out the pieces for the las files. If you need more I can send it...

IMPORT FILENAME="H:\Global\US\di_well\di_well_TX_count.las" TYPE="LIDAR_LAS" LABEL_FIELD="" \ HIDDEN="YES" LOAD_FLAGS="1,1.000,0,1235840" SAMPLING_METHOD="BILINEAR" ELEV_UNITS="METERS" \
    ELEV_OFFSET="-600.00000" ELEV_SCALE="300.00000" SHADER_NAME="Global Shader"

IMPORT FILENAME="H:\Global\US\di_well\di_wells_lwr48_count.las" TYPE="LIDAR_LAS" LABEL_FIELD="" \
    HIDDEN="YES" LOAD_FLAGS="1,1.000,0,1235840" SAMPLING_METHOD="BILINEAR" ELEV_UNITS="METERS" \
    ELEV_OFFSET="-120.00000" ELEV_SCALE="40.000000" SHADER_NAME="Global Shader"
    IMPORT FILENAME="H:\Global\US\di_well\di_wells_gulfcoast_count.las" TYPE="LIDAR_LAS" \
    LABEL_FIELD="" HIDDEN="YES" LOAD_FLAGS="1,1.000,0,1235840" SAMPLING_METHOD="BILINEAR" \
    BLEND_MODE="MULTIPLY" ELEV_UNITS="METERS" ELEV_OFFSET="-600.00000" ELEV_SCALE="200.00000" \
    SHADER_NAME="Global Shader"

IMPORT FILENAME="H:Global\US\di_completions\di_completions_all_count.las" TYPE="LIDAR_LAS" \
    LABEL_FIELD="" HIDDEN="YES" LOAD_FLAGS="1,1.000,0,1235840" SAMPLING_METHOD="BILINEAR" \
    ELEV_UNITS="METERS" ELEV_OFFSET="-50.000000" ELEV_SCALE="5.0000000" SHADER_NAME="Global Shader"

IMPORT FILENAME="H:\Global\US\di_completions\oilcompTXcount.las" TYPE="LIDAR_LAS" \
    ELEV_UNITS="METERS" ELEV_OFFSET="-77.000000" ELEV_SCALE="7.0000000" SHADER_NAME="Global Shader"
    edited March 2012
    It looks like you have a type filter assigned to the import (it's part of the LOAD_FLAGS) and none of the points in the file match that filter, so the grid can't be created. If you load the LAS file from scratch and grid it does it work?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    edited March 2012
    Yes Mike, when I load manually and grid it works. I don't think I asked for a filter and in v12.2 the same gmw worked just fine. I created this las by exporting a regular grid of point density counts as an las file using v12.2 but in trying to reproduce the file with 13.1 I continue to get the same results. I can read it manually and grid but get the error when I try to open it from a gmw. How can I check the flags for the filter?
    edited March 2012
    Can you provide one of the LAS files so that I can test it and see why it isn't passing the filter? The filter itself in the GMW file looked strange, like a random collection of types had been selected for the filter.

The filter is the 1235840 number in the LOAD_FLAGS.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    edited March 2012
    Here is one of the las files zipped up.

di_well_TX_count.zip
    edited March 2012
    I've taken a look and v13.1 is doing the right thing based on the filter in the workspace. I'm not sure how the messed up filter got stuck in your workspace file, but your workspace has the same behavior on v12.02, v13.0, and v13.1 for me. You have to go back before there was support for a generic filter for types on import for it to work since then the filter is ignored altogether.

Thanks,

Mike
    edited March 2012
    Hi Mike, thanks! Could you give me a "LOAD_FLAGS" that wouldn't filter anything? If that's possible!
    edited March 2012
    Sure, the easiest thing is just to remove that last number altogether, like LOAD_FLAGS="1,1.000,0".

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    edited March 2012
    Mike, that worked great! Thanks very much!