Global Mapper Pro

Interpolated Surfaces

freefall64
freefall64 Global Mapper User
edited February 2012 in Announcement and News
I want to use Inverse Distance Weighting to create a surface from a set of points (imported from a spreadsheet). ArcGIS Spatial Analyst has further options such as Natural Neighbour or Spline but IDW works just fine for my work. Any ideas?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2012
    I would suggest using the density grid generation option for a point layer by right-clicking on it in the Control Center and selecting the option to create a density grid based on some attribute value (or just the count of points).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
  • DJ12
    DJ12 Global Mapper User
    edited February 2012
    Good night
    Can you tell me what is the interpolation method used by Global Mapper when the resample manual is done (e.g. selecting 25m pixel output to an original 50m grid)?

Thanks,

DJ12
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2012
    If you are over-sampling a gridded surface whatever resampling method that you have set for the grid layer on the Options dialog for that layer will be used. By default for grid layers this is bilinear interpolation, but other available options that make sense for this situation are bicubic (slightly better but slower than bilinear) or nearest neighbor (i.e. no resampling).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com