export resolution

sereferrersereferrer Global Mapper UserPosts: 17
edited January 2008 in Raster Data
Hi every body,
I am new in this forum.
I would like to know how do I change the export resolution ? Because when I export a raster as jpg, the resolution is set to 96 dpi, so I want to change it to a higher value.
Thank you

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2008
    By default Global Mapper does not save a DPI file in exported JPG files as there is not a particular render device associated with the JPG file in which to express that relationship. You can manually specify a DPI value to save when exporting the JPG file though. There is a 'DPI Value to Save in Image' option at the bottom of the JPG export options dialog allowing you to specify what DPI value that you want to save in the image.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sereferrersereferrer Global Mapper User Posts: 17
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Mike for assistance, but this option (DPI Value to Save in Image) is not avalaible in JPG export Options dialog. I think it is in GeoTIFF export Options dialog.
    P.S. I have Global Mapper v9.00
    So what can I do ?
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2008
    You need to download and install Global Mapper v9.01 from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9_setup.exe as it should have the option for JPG export as well as GeoTIFF.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sereferrersereferrer Global Mapper User Posts: 17
    edited January 2008
    It's fine ! With GM 9.01, I can set DPI for JPG export.
    Thank you very much Mr Mike.
  • topac122000topac122000 Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    Hello Mike,

i have version 19.1 and i need to change the export resolution of the GeoTIFF files.

thanks
    Ahmed