license

energyenergy Global Mapper UserPosts: 384Trusted User
edited February 2012 in Technical Support
Hello GM Administrators

firstly, I have a license of GM13 , I am using that at office but when I out of office (area) can I use the same license. I mean should I transport the license to the other pc or laptop? we use some software like this, while going out of office deactivate the license and then activate that in other pc or laptop...?

secondly, can I put a gap(vertically) for the raster I exported to google earth , I mean the raster exported for google earth is not snap the terrain ,the all z value 500m to be abowe than normally??

thanks....

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2012
    So long as you are the only user of a license you are allowed to transfer that to your laptop and use it while out of the office, then uninstall from the laptop when you get back to the office and continue using on your desktop.

Currently there isn't a way to float a raster layer above the surface in Google Earth. Only vector data supports that.

Thanks,

Mike
  • energyenergy Global Mapper User Posts: 384Trusted User
    edited February 2012
    as far as I understand , before leaving from area office , I remove the GM (uninstall) and then again I install the same on main office GM , not affect the other license
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited February 2012
    That is correct, your other license will not be affected for that scenario.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com