Global Mapper v24.0

Aixm5

iaorana
iaorana Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2015 in Vector Data
Hi Mike

As you are the genius of GIS, have you heard of AIXM5 format.
The Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM) is designed to enable the management and distribution of Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) data in digital format.
http://www.aixm.aero/public/subsite_homepage/homepage.html

It would be probably very interesting to read convert export import in GM vectors data.

Tell me what you think
If somebody knows any software that concerts vectors in AIXM Please let me know.

Iaorana

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2011
    Iaorana,

I like that new title, "genius of GIS", might switch to that from 'Global Mapper Guru' :)

Another user had mentioned this format and it is on our todo list. When I had looked at it as a non-pilot a lot of the terminology was unknown to me so I wasn't sure where to begin, but with the Blue Marble merger perhaps somewhere here is a pilot and can help make sense of it when we get around to it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • iaorana
    iaorana Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2011
    Hi Mike

Genius was linked to "blue"...marble also.
    Give me few examples of terminology you don't know to check what knowledge you need and I can try to find documents to help you understand.

I can give you an email address by email of the person in charge of AIXM at the FAA.

Iaorana
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2011
    Iaorana,

I can't recall specifically now and it's quite possible one of the other developers might be the one doing this, so we will get back to you when we get to that point if we need it. The URL of this thread is linked to the feature request so as soon as it's ready we can let you know.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • iaorana
    iaorana Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2011
    No worries do not hesitate to contact me.
  • zululux
    zululux Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    Hello all. Has anyone managed to develop an AIXM interface/plugin for GM?
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2014
    There hasn't been any work done on AIXM yet. The todo item is 9129, but now with the feature extension support in GM v15 it's possible some external developer could add the AIXM support.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • MorganRS
    MorganRS Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone know of a tool to open these files in GM?
  • MorganRS
    MorganRS Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2015
    Is there a plan to add support for AIXM files in v.17?
  • zululux
    zululux Global Mapper User Trusted User
    If you're in a ahurry for AIXM 5.1, or ARINC 424; for now, you'll have to employ a programmer to build a plugin/interface to exchange Aeronautical Data. As mike has indicated above, this is possible without having to purchase the SDK kit; which will keep your development costs much lower for this interface/plugin.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    MorganRS said:
    Is there a plan to add support for AIXM files in v.17?
    Support for AIXM is not currently scheduled for development in Global Mapper 17.
  • tac
    tac Global Mapper User

Hi,

Is there any news about AIXM format imported in GM?

Thx

Stéphane

• bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User

We have todo item GM-43 for adding AIXM support. As there is a decent amount of interest, I have bumped up the priority so hopefully we will have someone add support for the next release.

Thanks,

Mike

Global Mapper Guru