Vector Export Changing

Ice Age MarkIce Age Mark Global Mapper UserPosts: 302Trusted User
edited December 2011 in Vector Data
Howdy Mike,

Congratulations on your new alliance with Blue Marble.

I have created a user defined 4 colum by 6 row grid of areas in Geographic projection. I re-number the 24 areas, and then combine the top left two, and re-number that; so that it looks like the first image.

Then I export this as a global mapper vector file keeping the same projection. When I import it back in for further modification, it looks like the second image.

I'm baffled. [This is the numeric representation the "tally" marks in a petroglyph.] I will eventually export as a raster image, but I need to keep modifying it several times over, and export the different versions.

V13b112511

Thanks for your help. (You don't have to move to Maine, do you?)

Mark

Comments

• Ice Age MarkIce Age Mark Global Mapper User Posts: 302Trusted User
    edited December 2011
    Hey again,

Whoa Nellie. I created the grid cells very small, as in 1 foot X 2 feet, thinking that it would be simpler that way; but when I made them 1 mile X 2 miles, it imported back in with no visible change. So, I guess I'm okey dokey now (since it's not really a map, just a diagram), but I don't know if it still needs looking into. Seems like it shouldn't matter though, if "feet" is a choice for units when creating the grid.

Thanks very much for your time, however it turns out.

Mark
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited December 2011
    Mark,

Did you export to a Global Mapper Package file? If so, did you check the option to use double precision coordinates? It could be that as feet your grid was small enough that the default use of single precision coordinates was snapping things together. At a larger size the precision of single precision values doesn't make any difference, but it could for a 1 ft x 2 ft grid.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com