Export web format runs into a bottleneck?

happy_mapperhappy_mapper Global Mapper UserPosts: 3
edited November 2011 in Raster Data
I am using GM13 64bit on a quite fast machine (i7, 24GB RAM, Win7 prof 64bit) and i have loaded nearly 4000 tiles (tif w. tfw, res 300dpi, 50x50cm) and want to export them to google web tiles. The process calculated the output of nearly 290.000 tiles. The process is going slower after some minutes till it almost stops. At this speed the process will last for weeks!!
My tif tiles are loaded in 88 rows and i think that GM has a problem to calculate the output tile at the edge of the rows because the process has to combine them together at these positions. Are there some hints to speed up the process or does anyone have the same problem?

Hopefully
Oliver

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2011
    Oliver,

Are you using a map catalog to manage your TIFF files? I would definitely recommend creating a map catalog (File->Create New Map Catalog) to load all of the TIFF files and then export that. It will be much more efficient as the catalog will load and unload files as needed for display and export and allow much faster access to the files.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • happy_mapperhappy_mapper Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    Dear Global Mapper Guru,

Bingo! The process could be optimized with your hint of using the map catalog.

Thank you very much.

Oliver
    Now, Very Happy Mapper