Cropland data layer information

srinidhibsrinidhib Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited September 2011 in Raster Data
Hi,

I am using cropland data maps fro my project. I wish to extract each different type of crop data as a separate layer to do statistical analysis. I tried using the spatial analyst tool called Extract raster to point but it did not work. Any suggestions on the best way to 'read' each crop data separately from these maps.

Thanks!

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2011
    IN Global Mapper, simply right-click on your map in the Control Center and select to create equal-value areas, then you will get separate areas for each color (i.e. crop-type).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • srinidhibsrinidhib Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Mike,

I already have the maps downloaded from Cropscape. Where would I find this Control Center (sorry for the very basic question).

i tried using the raster to point tool but it failed as the output file exceeded 2 Gb

Thanks!
    IN Global Mapper, simply right-click on your map in the Control Center and select to create equal-value areas, then you will get separate areas for each color (i.e. crop-type).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2011
    Are you using Global Mapper? It sounds like you are using some other software. In Global Mapper the Control Center is available under the Tools menu.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com