Global Mapper v13.00 Now Available - ESRI File Geodatabase Support!

global_mapperglobal_mapper AdministratorPosts: 17,238
edited November 2011 in Announcement and News
Global Mapper Software LLC is excited to announce the release of Global Mapper v13.00 at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_setup.exe (or get the 64-bit version at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_setup_64bit.exe). Just download that file and run it to install v13.00. It will install alongside any existing Global Mapper version, so you don't have to worry about losing what you're currently working on.

Among the numerous significant changes in this release are the following:
  • Added support for loading ESRI File Geodatabase (GDB) data sets.
  • Added support for generating density grids from point features in a loaded layer. This density grid can be based on either just a count of the point features or any numeric attribute value associated with the points.
  • Added support for joining a file with attributes to the attribute table of an existing loaded spatial layer against a common attribute.
  • Added support for calculating/copying new attribute values made by copying an existing attribute or performing mathematical operations either between two attribute values or an attribute value and some number.
  • Added option under View menu to zoom to the same location in Google Earth.
  • Added new Image Swipe Tool to allow easily swiping away a raster layer to see other layers in an interactive manner.
  • Added option to transform layer coordinates either by a manually specified coordinate transformation or with a control point file when shifting coordinates for selected layers from the Control Center in addition to just shifting a fixed distance.
  • Added a new option to the Advanced Feature Creation submenu of the Digitizer Tool to create lines connecting selected points to selected line features along the shortest path between the point and any of the selected lines.
  • Added option to easily draw rotated area and line rectangles using the Digitizer Tool through the 3-point draw method.
  • Added option to Digitizer Tool to automatically move selected point features to the nearest point on selected line features.
  • Added support for exporting loaded terrain data to SRTM HGT format files.
  • Added support for loading SegY format files.

All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.

Pricing for upgrades from v12 is $149 US per license and pricing for new licenses are $399 US for a single license, $349 US per license for 2-19 licenses, and $299 US per license for 20 or more licenses. You can purchase Global Mapper v13 licenses from http://www.globalmapper.com/product/downloadv13.htm .

Let me know if you any problems or questions.

Thanks,

Mike
Global Mapper Software LLC
support@globalmapper.com

Comments

• PaulTocknellPaulTocknell Forum Administrator Posts: 306
    edited September 2011
    Also, as a reminder, you can save 10% on the v12-v13 upgrade and 15% off the full version by using the links available on the forum:

http://www.globalmapperforum.com/global-mapper-pricing.html
  • kenl41kenl41 Global Mapper User Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I wish I hadn't bought version 12 4 weeks ago!!
  • geomanniegeomannie Global Mapper User Posts: 208Trusted User
    edited September 2011
    Hi

I am interested in the support for loading SegY format files. In what way are these loaded? Can one view the wavelets such as in a SEGY viewer or is it as a map view of the seismic line location?

A screen shot of a loaded SEGY file would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    geomannie
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2011
    For those who recently purchased v12, just email us at support@globalmapper.com and we can provide a coupon to purchase the v12-v13 upgrade for just the price difference of $50 US.

For SegY files, they are loaded as a map view of the seismic lines, similar to what you would see for SEGP1 files.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • RecceRecce Global Mapper User Posts: 178Trusted User
    edited September 2011
    "Image Swipe Tool" dose this works in catalogs also?

Is it manually selecting of the new raster layer or more Google Earth like?
    edited September 2011
    Yes, the swipe tool should work for displayed raster layers from a map catalog. When you start the swipe tool you select the layer to swipe.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Marcel WijnbergerMarcel Wijnberger Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    feature: "generating density grids from point features "

is it possible to show a legend based on the results of the density grids ?

for example create density grid from temperature values and show/match the color-scheme used in the density grid.
    my result would be the value (temperature) and the color used on the density grid feature.

regards,

Marcel
    edited September 2011
    Marcel,

The generated density grid is treated just like an elevation grid, so you can just enable elevation legend display on the General tab of the Configuration dialog and you can see a legend for the density grid.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Marcel WijnbergerMarcel Wijnberger Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    Marcel,

The generated density grid is treated just like an elevation grid, so you can just enable elevation legend display on the General tab of the Configuration dialog and you can see a legend for the density grid.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Mike,

how to read the legend ?
    it shows meters and i would like to have it shown: points (so number of points in a specific area)
    edited November 2011
    You can right-click on the density grid layer in the Control Center and select to change the displayed units to whatever makes the most sense for your data.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com