Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

There is no offset between a symbol and its label

JakeJake Global Mapper UserPosts: 276Trusted User
edited September 2011 in Vector Data
Hello, Global Mappers,

Please see the zoomed and cropped image below for an example. I have set label alignment to RIGHT, label angle is 23° and a fixed label height of 1000m. Symbol height is fixed to 500m. I can edit the label and add a leading space but was wondering if there is a tweak that would nudge the label over slightly so as to not overlap with each other. I have about 50 of these to edit if not. Moving it to TOP RIGHT or BOTTOM RIGHT is not desired either.

Thanks

label.jpg

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2011
    Other than adding a space there isn't currently a way to do this. Is this only happening for fixed height labels? There is maybe an issue there when rotating when they aren't being shoved over far enough.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • JakeJake Global Mapper User Posts: 276Trusted User
    edited July 2011
    Thanks. I will try a few tests and let you know. It may be a few weeks before I get aroound to it.

This is the first time I rotated the labels so I suspect the rotation is what is causing the issue. I have set a fixed height for labels in the past without any problems.
  • JakeJake Global Mapper User Posts: 276Trusted User
    edited September 2011
    Just a follow up. I managed to change all the feature labels at once. I simply added a double space 'Label Prefix' in the Attribute Naming Setup dialog box. The label is actually 3 attributes appended together. That way I did not have to modify my input ASCII files.