PDF Longitude offset by same amount as the projection origin

JakeJake Global Mapper UserPosts: 276Trusted User
edited April 2011 in Bug Report
I have a Gnomonic projection with the CENTRAL MERIDIAN as -100 (West) and the CENTRAL LATITUDE as 80 (North). FE and FN are 0.

When I export a GeoPDF the Northing, Easting and Latitude are correct but the longitude is offset by 100 degrees in Adobe Reader 9. This is in GM version 11.02. We also have a 12 license which I have not tested yet.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2011
    It sounds like maybe Adobe Reader isn't using the central meridian for the gnomonic projection. You might have to use a Gnomonic projection with a central meridian of 0 to get it to work in Adobe Reader.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • JakeJake Global Mapper User Posts: 276Trusted User
    edited April 2011
    If I set the CM to 0 but the distortion causes the features to rotate nearly 90° as expected. I will try a few other map projections. Geographic is not preferred due to the proximity to the pole. Lambert Conformal might work but I will need to set a similar CM. I will let you know how it goes.
  • JakeJake Global Mapper User Posts: 276Trusted User
    edited April 2011
    I can confirm Lambert Conformal with CM of -95° works fine. I also updated Adobe Reader to X and they seem to have removed the XY coordinate display. Now it is just geographic. Thanks again.