Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

Slice-Up An Image

joebocopjoebocop Global Mapper UserPosts: 34Trusted User
edited April 2011 in Technical Support
Hi All,

Just bought Global Mapper on recommendation from a colleague. Great product so far!

My first task is to slice an enormous (36.5gb ECW) file into smaller sections. The image is projected in a localized Albers Conic projection. My goal is to slice the image into the 4 UTM zones it covers, and then reproject each of those images into their respective UTM zones.

I have a SHP file containing the UTM zone polygons, but the polygons themselves cover the entire planet. I would like my sectional UTM images to cover only the image bounds, of course, to avoid including the white space outside of the image.

I am wondering what this workflow looks like?

Thanks for the help!

Joe

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2011
    Joe,

What you need to do is load your ECW file and the SHP file with the zones, then for each zone you want to output, go to the Projection tab of the Configuration dialog and setup the UTM projection that you want, then select the UTM zone polygon and use the File->Export Raster Data menu command to export a new ECW file. On the Export Bounds tab specify to crop to the selected area to crop to that UTM zone area. Alternatively since each UTM zone is just a 6 degree wide zone centered on a multiple of 3 degrees, you could just manually change the longitude boundaries to the desired west and east longitude for the zone and that should have the same effect.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com