Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

Regular Grid Issues

DankoDanko Global Mapper UserPosts: 34Trusted User
edited April 2011 in Technical Support
I tried laying down a simply 4x4 grid with each cell 2x2km.

Issues I experienced:
1) The grid showed up with cross-hatching, even though I have customized the area style for the grid. It makes no difference.
2) The grid goes on the user created features layer - no option exists to change this. This becomes a problem for 3 & 4
3) The grid needs to be changed/deleted cell by cell. It cannot be selected as a group.
4) The grid cannot be hidden unless the entire layer is hidden. If there's more than one grid displayed, it's an all or none approach.
5) I am forced to specify text for each cell (A1, etc). Sometimes I simply want a blank grid that I will either fill in with Illustrator or leave blank for other reasons. GM refuses to allow this.

I'm glad to see the feature included, but the help documentation is very basic and there seem to be no options allowing any of these issues to be rectified.

If possible I'd like to see an update with some customization options for the grid.

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2011
    You can easily move the grid areas to some other layer just like any other feature. When the grid is created the areas are all selected, so juts right-click and select to edit them then move them to a new layer. You can also easily remove the labels by editing the grid cells immediately after creating them.

The cross-hatching isn't the drawing style of the styles, that is how selected areas are displayed. Just press Escape when you are done editing them to un-select them and the actual style of the grid cells should show through.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com