Create new point at specified location dialogue - add elevation

Hunter GeophysicsHunter Geophysics Global Mapper UserPosts: 77Trusted User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hi,

Just thought it may help people like me manually entering total station XYZ data into Global Mapper using the 'Create new point feature at specified location...' dialog if we had a third input box so that we can insert elevation then and there, rather than having to then add the attribute to the point after its creation (it just saves on clicks, which can be time consuming in the field with a laptop trackpad).

Thanks.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2011
    I have updated the option to create a new point feature at a specified location to allow specifying an elevation value at the same time. Any non-zero value entered will result in an ELEVATION attribute being created from that value. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v12.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v12 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Hunter GeophysicsHunter Geophysics Global Mapper User Posts: 77Trusted User
    edited April 2011
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for doing that so quickly. Unfortunately I'm still using v11. Can I just extract the same files you mention into the v11 folder instead?

Thanks again,
    David
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2011
    David,

No the update is only for v12, the patch wouldn't update v11. You would need to upgrade to v12 to make use of the new feature.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com